Have you missed us? We've missed you! So much so that we can't wait to get things started this year on Monday, September 22nd at 7:30 pm in the Ottawa Citizen building at 1038 Baxter Road. Mark your calendars, grab your summer projects (we're hoping for our biggest show and tell yet) and get ready to kick things off!
The start of a new membership year means the start of some returning favourites and the beginning of some new segments.
In short, we'll be:
- introducing everyone;
- talking tips and tricks on getting comfortable for show and tells and other OMQG speaking segments;
- introducing a new modern block of the month opportunity (don't worry, you keep your own);
- talking Montreal meet-up details;
- signing up for our first sewing days, bees and swaps;
- talking how to make traditional modern;
- signing up for the MQG Quilt Con Charity Challenge (read full details here and come prepared knowing if you want to get involved); and
- starting sign-ups for our UFO challenge (fall edition) - that's right - bring your twonies and a list of projects you've got on the back burner. We're going to help you cross them off your list and then give you all the inspiration you need to add more :)
We'll also be discussing a brief outline of what's to come in the year - and now is your chance to have input - so don't miss out!
Can't wait to see you all Monday. I'll be there with a smiling face and lots of caffeine.